Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Major Goof, I deleted data HELP

I have a daily log sheet where I enter monthly activity. I came in this
morning and opened the log sheet, hilited all of October's data and deleted
it! Then began entering November items. Pressed "Save"! Is there any way
to go back to get October's data. Of course, I have not backed up the system
in 2 months!!! Lesson learned!

My entire work month is gone........

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Nope Saved is saved and the data is gone...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Traci B........" wrote:

I have a daily log sheet where I enter monthly activity. I came in this
morning and opened the log sheet, hilited all of October's data and deleted
it! Then began entering November items. Pressed "Save"! Is there any way
to go back to get October's data. Of course, I have not backed up the system
in 2 months!!! Lesson learned!

My entire work month is gone........

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Jon and Jim!

Jon, your optimism was encouraging. Jim, I was afraid of that. The best
lessons are learned the hard way!

"Traci B........" wrote:

I have a daily log sheet where I enter monthly activity. I came in this
morning and opened the log sheet, hilited all of October's data and deleted
it! Then began entering November items. Pressed "Save"! Is there any way
to go back to get October's data. Of course, I have not backed up the system
in 2 months!!! Lesson learned!

My entire work month is gone........

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Saving removes all of the undo's... On the up side you won't make that
mistake again any time soon... That is the voice of experince talking.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson