Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pat Pat is offline

Default If lower, highlight

When using conditional formatting to check if the first letter of a string
is in lowercase I failed to get a result using the following formula

=LOWER(LEFT(F714,0))

F714 = blue gum

Much appreciate if you can help.

Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try: =LOWER(LEFT(F714,1))

The first character on the left is identified by 1, not 0.

Dave

--
Brevity is the soul of wit.