Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AG AG is offline

Default EXCEL formula

How can copy an entry from one worksheet to another.
I know how to copy if I enter the info to one cell, my problem is I enter
data to a different row on a spreedsheet and I want to enter that information

Worksheet 2 Tthis is where I enter my data
col. A col.B
row 1 6/19/2006 40.60
row2 7/24/2006 42.90
row3 9/6/2006 46.30
row4 10/11/2006 40.40
row5 10/20/2006 48.60
row6 10/23/2006 52.10
row7 10/31/2006 39.50
row8
row9

Worksheet 1

CELL B15 -on 7/24/2006 42.90
CELL B15 -on 9/6/2006 26.30 ect....

CELL b15 should be showing 39.50 because that is the last time i enter data.
but when I enter data on row8 i want that information to be copied the CELL
B15

I hope I have explained my self.

hope you can help me.

thanks,

--
AG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming Column B follows your example and contains no blanks, this will give
you the last value entered:

=INDEX(B:B,COUNTA(B:B))

HTH,
Elkar