Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to switch position of columns and rows respectively?

Epinn
Hover mouse just under column letter till you see a 4 pointed
arrow,right clickdrag
When you release mouse button you will see a new range of options
including Move

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Epinn" wrote in message
No, I am not talking about transposing column(s) to row(s) etc.

I want to switch position of column A and column B, barring the fact
that no formulae will be jeopardized.

I can use CTRL|Shift|+ to shift a column to the right. I can just click
and drag a sheet tab to a new position. But I don't know how to drag
column A to the right of column B or row 1 under row 2. Of course, I
can insert column, copy, paste etc. But I am hoping there is something
easier.

I have searched the entire shortcut key table, but didn't have much
luck. So, I decided to post.

All methods welcome. Thank you.

Epinn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Epinn

One more method.......

Select Column A.....move pointer down to right edge of A1.

Hold SHIFT and drag the 4-headed arrow to right of Column B.

Drop here.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Epinn" wrote in message
No, I am not talking about transposing column(s) to row(s) etc.

I want to switch position of column A and column B, barring the fact
that no formulae will be jeopardized.

I can use CTRL|Shift|+ to shift a column to the right. I can just click
and drag a sheet tab to a new position. But I don't know how to drag
column A to the right of column B or row 1 under row 2. Of course, I
can insert column, copy, paste etc. But I am hoping there is something
easier.

I have searched the entire shortcut key table, but didn't have much
luck. So, I decided to post.

All methods welcome. Thank you.

Epinn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you all for your response.

Roger, I assume I have to select the entire column (e.g. click the cell with letter A) before I can see the four pointed arrow. Unless I am not doing it right, I end up with a blank column on the left, then the original column B and then the original column A to the right of B.

Gord, I actually had a swap. Great! Thanks for dropping by.

Epinn

"Epinn" wrote in message
No, I am not talking about transposing column(s) to row(s) etc.

I want to switch position of column A and column B, barring the fact
that no formulae will be jeopardized.

I can use CTRL|Shift|+ to shift a column to the right. I can just click
and drag a sheet tab to a new position. But I don't know how to drag
column A to the right of column B or row 1 under row 2. Of course, I
can insert column, copy, paste etc. But I am hoping there is something
easier.

I have searched the entire shortcut key table, but didn't have much
luck. So, I decided to post.

All methods welcome. Thank you.

Epinn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gord,

I really like this feature. I have done more experiments and realize that it is more flexible than I have originally thought.

Other than swapping the entire columns, I can insert cells from one column into the middle of another column. e.g. insert C5 and C6 between D1 and D2.

When there is a formula behind a cell, the *absolute* address will be used so that the same value will be reflected. However, I'll only use this feature for values.

Very neat. Thanks.

Epinn