Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default percentage completed and colors

Here's the deal...I have a worksheet with a list of students names down the
1st column and a series of course numbers down the additional columns with
the last column using a function of percentage completed. Under each row
(next to the student's names) I have a color depicting the delivery of the
course (red=not done, yellow=turned in but not graded, green=complete) The
last column is conditionally formatted text color based on percentage of
courses complete(90%=green, <90%=red) My question is, how do I get the
percentage to work automatically based on the colors in the corresponding
boxes without text? Right now I have to manually use the percentage function
of %=17/20=85% etc. I would rather manually fill in the colors and have the
function calculate the percentage based on these three colors.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A better approach would be to use conditional formatting for the cells you currently manually color,
based on their cell contents. Then use CF for the final cell, using a formula like this:

=(COUNTIF(B2:Z2,"Complete")/COUNTA(B2:Z2)).9

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP