Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Text to rows...at wits end

Hi all,

I've gotten some really great help here before and I'm hoping I'll be
able to get some again because I'm at wits end. I'm trying to get a
script to do text to rows. The following is how my spread sheet
looks...a few hundred rows of cells with data points separated by
commas:

Accel Partners, Weber Capital Management, LLC, Invesco Private Capital,

MeriTech Capital Partners, Oak Investment Partners, Technology
Crossover Ventures, Venrock Associates, Doll Capital Management,
Telefonos de Mexico SA de CV (NYSE:TMX), Whitman Capital, LLC, AT&T
Inc. (NYSE:T), Alcatel (ENXTPA:CGE), Shell Internet Ventures BV,
Pilgrim Baxter Hybrid Partners, Lake Street Capital LLC

I'm looking for each one to be on separated onto it's own row, i.e.

accel partners
weber capital management
invesco private capital
etc.

Can someone please help? i've been staring at this for over an hour now

and getting nowhere fast! Thanks so much in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
O'C O'C is offline

I think the easiest way to do it is to highlight all your name data rows and
copy to word. Make sure you save the word file as a .txt file. Then close.
into excel. It will open the import wizard and walk you through the import
of delimited data. Just make sure you select the comma separator from step
two. This will pull all of your names into their own cells. Then it will be
a lot easier to tag columns and move them over and down to col A. I know
it's not perfect but it works.

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
O'C O'C is offline

One thing i just noticed in your example is that some entries have a €œ, LLC€
and some don't. For the ones that do it will separate them so you may want
to keep that in mind and correct in word with CTRL H, find and replace.
Simply Find ", LLC" and Replace with "_LLC" where _ is really a space. Do
this before you save the word file as a .TXT file. Find and replace is
supported in .TXT files. Then press on with the save and then import into
excel.

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look after your LLCs please

Sub Macro1()

Dim lrow As Integer
Dim i As Integer

lrow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(lrow, 1)).TextToColumns Destination:=Range("A1"), _
DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote,
ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, _
Semicolon:=False, Comma:=True, Space:=False, Other:=False, _
FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1), Array(4, 1),
Array(5, 1)), _
TrailingMinusNumbers:=True
Columns(1).Insert

For i = 1 To lrow
If Not IsEmpty(Cells(i, 2)) Then
Range(Cells(i, 2), Cells(i, 2).End(xlToRight)).Copy
Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).PasteSpecial Transpose:=True
End If
Next i

End Sub

oups.com...