Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SLN SLN is offline

Default How to set up an excel formula to copy cells to another worksheet?

I need to know how to set up formula that If a conditional formula is true,
then it will copy certain required data into a new worksheet in the same
workbook in a certain order. Is this even possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi SLN,

It seems to me a formula will not handle all your constraints ...
A macro will be the solution ...

Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A formula can only PULL data into the cells that the formula itself resides
in. It cannot PUSH data into another cell, so if you want to get data from A
to B, then B needs to contain a formula along with copnditional logic, such
that when the conditions are satisfied, it will pull the values from A.

If you give us more details then we may be able to help you set this up
correctly such that you don't need code, but we do need details.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

----------

"SLN" wrote:

I need to know how to set up formula that If a conditional formula is true,
then it will copy certain required data into a new worksheet in the same
workbook in a certain order. Is this even possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SLN SLN is offline

Default How to set up an excel formula to copy cells to another worksh

That makes sense.

For example, I have a cell that contains a conditional formula. If cell A is
greater than cell B, this is bad or an "Oops" as we call it. I then copy
certain pieces of the info in that worksheet to another worksheet so we can
have all of the different "oops" cells in a list. Does this make any sense?