Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Format Cells - Hyperlink

Hi,

I am just trying to format a range of cells. What I need is, If we
enter a web address say, http://yahoo.com, the cell should
automatically convert it as http://www.yahoo.com.

Is it possible?. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Dileep Chandran

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One guess ... with source entries in A1 down,
perhaps in B1, copied down:
="http://www."&MID(A1,SEARCH("/",A1)+2,99)
(above returns as text)

Or, as clickable hyperlinks, in B1 down
=HYPERLINK(A1,"http://www."&MID(A1,SEARCH("/",A1)+2,99))
--
Max
Singapore
"Dileep Chandran" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi,

I am just trying to format a range of cells. What I need is, If we
enter a web address say, http://yahoo.com, the cell should
automatically convert it as http://www.yahoo.com.

Is it possible?. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Dileep Chandran

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Correction to 2nd one, sorry ...
Or, as clickable hyperlinks, in B1 down
=HYPERLINK(A1,"http://www."&MID(A1,SEARCH("/",A1)+2,99))

Try instead in B1:
=HYPERLINK("http://www."&MID(A1,SEARCH("/",A1)+2,99),"http://www."&MID(A1,SEARCH("/",A1)+2,99))
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Max,

This formula is working fine. Thanks !
But if the cell contains an address in the desired format (ie. starting
with "http://www."), the formula should not change it. Is there a way
to do it?

Is my question clear?

Dileep

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Try this in B1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("www",A1)),HYPERLINK(A1,A1),HY PERLINK("http://www."&MID(A1,SEARCH("/",A1)+2,99),"http://www."&MID(A1,SEARCH("/",A1)+2,99)))
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"Dileep Chandran" wrote in message
oups.com...
Max,

This formula is working fine. Thanks !
But if the cell contains an address in the desired format (ie. starting
with "http://www."), the formula should not change it. Is there a way
to do it?

Is my question clear?

Dileep

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Max,

Thank you very much for the help. This is what exactly I was looking
for.

-Dileep

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline