Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default TEST FOR EXACT TEXT

I'm trying to return a specific value if a "y" is entered in a particular
cell. For example, IF (G46) is "Y", I want to return "5%" and be able to use
that 5% in calculation for another formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=if(g36="y",.05,0)*h36

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Phil B" wrote in message
I'm trying to return a specific value if a "y" is entered in a particular
cell. For example, IF (G46) is "Y", I want to return "5%" and be able to
use
that 5% in calculation for another formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

In your another formula use the expression (G46="y")*0.05
(when G46 doesn't equal "y", the expression returns 0)

I.e. something like
=B46+B46*(G46="y")*0.05

Arvi Laanemets

"Phil B" wrote in message
I'm trying to return a specific value if a "y" is entered in a particular
cell. For example, IF (G46) is "Y", I want to return "5%" and be able to

use
that 5% in calculation for another formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Need to be clear on your requirements, as y does not equal Y if you are
looking for an EXACT match.

If y =Y in your scenario then go with the answers you have been given, but
if you need the two differentiated, then try the EXACT() function to do your
comparison.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Phil B" wrote in message
I'm trying to return a specific value if a "y" is entered in a particular
cell. For example, IF (G46) is "Y", I want to return "5%" and be able to
use
that 5% in calculation for another formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi RD - is your date/clock out? - You are posting hours ahead of real time.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
If G46 does not equal "Y", this will return a blank cell:

=IF(G46="Y",5%,"")

--
HTH,

RD

"Phil B" wrote in message
I'm trying to return a specific value if a "y" is entered in a particular
cell. For example, IF (G46) is "Y", I want to return "5%" and be able to

use
that 5% in calculation for another formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, this old box I'm on today didn't automatically switch out of daylight
saving time, so did it manually, and of course I goofed and I was 12 hours
off (A.M. - P.M.).

RD

------------------------------*------------------------------*------------

----
------------------------------*------------------------------*------------

----

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
If G46 does not equal "Y", this will return a blank cell:

=IF(G46="Y",5%,"")

--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-
"Phil B" wrote in message
I'm trying to return a specific value if a "y" is entered in a

particular
cell. For example, IF (G46) is "Y", I want to return "5%" and be able

use
that 5% in calculation for another formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/
automatic reset each time you turn on computer

"C:\Program Files\Atomic Clock Sync\Atomic.exe"

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Phil B" wrote in message
I'm trying to return a specific value if a "y" is entered in a

particular
cell. For example, IF (G46) is "Y", I want to return "5%" and be able

use
that 5% in calculation for another formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Don.

I already have "Chameleon Clock" which does exactly the same thing, but my
daughter took (borrowed, stole) my router and thought she was doing me a
favor by disabling several of my programs that automatically access the
internet.<g

RD

"Ken Wright" wrote in message
Hi RD - is your date/clock out? - You are posting hours ahead of real

time.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03