Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default EXcel 2007 - Unable to sort by font and cell colors

Dear Sir,

I have tested the MS Excel 2007 (Beta2) on color sorting today.

I find that this function is partially successful. It is unable to group the
items of the same color on top or at the bottom witthout an error row above
it. Frequently the first row is an error with font or cell with other color
appeared after sorting. Items with other colors were not group together.

May I know if this is due to a flaw in the program or is there another way
of doing it ? < I used Data , Sort, by color, color apprear first selection

May I suggest to MS for a new feature of grouping cell or font of the same
color together as this is very useful for our daily office work.

Eg: Before Sorting
RED
BLUE
GREEN
YEOLOW
RED
GREEN
BLUE
RED
YELLOW

After Sorting
RED
RED
RED
YELLOW
YELLOW
GREEN
GREEN
BLUE
BLUE

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The MSFT developers for XL 2007 don't seem to regularly read this
discussion group. If you have a question for them I suggest that you
email them directly via their blog:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=re...pXTyzkMJzPq1wQ
Dave