JEV

Default CELL("FILENAME")

Ive used CELL(€˜FILENAME) on two different workbooks which are now used as
templates. Both files are open. Each time I use SAVE AS to create a new file,
I know I have to SAVE or hit F9 to update the filename on that specific
sheet.

Question: Why would both open sheets show the most recently saved filename
when I only saved one? Once I save (or F9) the other sheet - the one that
should not have the new name..it updates..but is that how it's supposed to
work?

Thanks for the insight.

Chip Pearson

You need to include a cell reference in the call to CELL. E.g.,

=CELL("filename",A1)

The actual cell reference doesn't matter, just so long as it is
on the same sheet as the CELL function.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson