Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to add a record to a pivot table

I have made a pivot table based on a list of list with 3 columns.
Now I add data to end of list.
HOw can I update my pivot table to show the added data?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

With reference to the 3 questions you have posted,
Yes you can have more than 3 columns of data in your Pivot table
Yes you can just drag any field from the Row area, to the Column area or
the Page area at any time you wish
You can use a Dynamic Range rather than a fixed data range for the PT's
source data.

For more help on setting up and using Pivot tables go to Debra
Dalgleish's site
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
and scroll to the section on Pivot Tables
and for Dynamic Range naming
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

or Mike Alexander's site
http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm