Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditions in sumproduct

Hi to everyone,
I have just discovered sumproduct for multiple conditions in sum and count!
It´s great, but cannot make it work...
I have a table and need to count the values in a row which are not blank,
but only starting from a certain value of a list in another row (set by a
reference in another cell).

What i´m trying is:
=SUMPRODUCT((K8:CQ8 "&B7")*(K9:CQ9 <" ")) ---B7 is the ref cell
containing the value from which i have to start counting the non blank cells

In the present situation (in my worksheet), there is only one value in the
whole row (which is in a column further than the value in the second
condition). This should give me 1 but gives 0 and I cannot understand why!

If anyone can help, it would be greatly apreciated!
Thanks,
Antonio
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT((K8:CQ8B7)*(K9:CQ9 <""))

SUMPRODUCT ain't SUMIF, you don't concatenate the operator and the cell like
that.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Antonio" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, but I didnt understand the answer. I know that sumproduct is not
sumif, but can be used as sumif (or countif, as in the case I need), with the
extra possibility to allow to set multiple conditions. That is what I need.
So what would it be the correct sintax for my problem?
Thank you again to enyone who will give a help,
Antonio

"Antonio" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, now I understood. It was a sintax error and I was using the sumif
sintax.
Tahanks a lot, Antonio