Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copying formula

Hi

I use the following to test the last character in a cell.
=IF(RIGHT(E4,1)="A","Yes","No").

When I add more rows, I am always forgetting to copy the formula down. is
there anyway that i can set up the worksheet so that I dont have to remember

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Alex

If you have Excel 2003, then use DataList to create your table.
Then as you add new rows, the formulae will automatically get added.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Alex" wrote in message
Hi

I use the following to test the last character in a cell.
=IF(RIGHT(E4,1)="A","Yes","No").

When I add more rows, I am always forgetting to copy the formula down.
is there anyway that i can set up the worksheet so that I dont have to
remember

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Alex,

you can achieve this using a VBA event procedure on the change event.

If Target.Column = 5 And Target.Cells.Count = 1 Then
Target.Offset(0, 1).FormulaR1C1 = Cells(4, 6).FormulaR1C1

This procedure assumes that you are building your formula in column F:F
and that the first formula that you want to copy is in F4. It will fire
whenever you make a change in a cell in column E:E and it will copy the
formula of F4 into the cell right of the recently changed cell.

To install:
Right-click the sheet tab where you are building your data/formulas.
Choose Edit Code.
Paste the above code in the window that comes up.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides