Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formulae Help, should be easy...

Hi! I need a formula to look at the left 2 digits of a number in a given
cell. If the number shows "61" it is to return "AU", if it is "62" it is to
return "NZ". If it is blank it should show "".

Is anyone able to help me with this? Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

Another suggestion:

=IF(A1="","",LOOKUP(--LEFT(A1,2),{0,61,62},{"","AU","NZ",""}))

numbers below 61 and above 62 return "", modify if needed.