Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default 5 minutes intervals

I have a column that is sorted by time & date in one min. intervals. I need
it to show me the time in 5 min. intervals. Obviously excel can do this I
just can't figure it out, any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

HI April,

I assume that you dont want to merge any data here, just show every 5th entry.
If this is the case

=IF(MOD(MINUTE(C1),5)=0,"Show","")

Cell C1 contains your time. This will only display "Show" on every 5th
minute which you can then auto filter on.

HTH

Simon

April wrote:
I have a column that is sorted by time & date in one min. intervals. I need
it to show me the time in 5 min. intervals. Obviously excel can do this I
just can't figure it out, any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

April,

could you post a bit more detail, with examples of what your data looks
like? I have a feeling you want to show a range like 0-4, 5-9, 10-14
etc in one column so you can sort by these ranges, but Simon has taken
a different interpretation of what you want.

Pete