Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula that references another reference

I have tables that are subsets of a much larger table. However, one of the
subset tables, main subset table, is a point of reference for all other
subsets. For example, the larger table is located @ A1:D10. The main subset
table has cell formulas that point to the data in A1, A2, and A3, (i.e. the
formula in the upperleft row/col of the table =A1). Now, I would like to
have a 2nd table that uses cell formulas to fill in the table, but referenced
from the formulas in the main subset table. For example, the formula in the
upperleft row/col of the new table should refer to the forumla in the
upperleft row/col of the main subset table, not the value in the main subset
table. For example, if the formula in the main subset upperleft row/col =A1,
then I want the forumla in the upperleft row/col to =A1. Furthermore, I
don't want the formula in the new table to always equal the formula in the
subset table, but use it as a point of reference. For example, I may want
the formula in the upperleft row/col not =A1, but maybe A1 + X or -X, where X
can be a row or col offset.

Wew, sorry for the core dump.

Any suggestions?.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Best help I can offer at this point is to recommend that you read Excel Help
on core dump<g Oops, should have said OFFSET and INDIRECT. I think they
may hold some hope for fulfilling your needs.