Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup and datamatching

Hello,

I have a problem with a dataset I import from a business system. When I
want to look úp in the system it returns #N/A. However if I activate
the cell and press enter Excel CAN perform the lookup. That is if I go
into every cell I look up the formula works fine. I cannot change the
formats of the cell in any way before I have visited the cell. Anybody
who has any idea of how to solve this problem, I would be most
grateful.

Thanks in advance

/Heine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Problem is with the data being imported; open that spreadsheet and select the
column of data being referenced in the Lookup... then

From the Task Bar; select Data €“ Text to Columns

Then simply select "Finish" on the lower right of the displayed panel

Now look at the results of your Lookup ...........anticipate #N/A results
should have disappeared.