Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I get Excel filename using a single keystroke

I'm trying to create a single icon which will give me the filename and path
of my spreadsheet. I know the longhand way - ie cell"filename") - I'm looking
for a quicker way.

Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

File|Properties|General tab

Or...

Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE
hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window
type this and hit enter:
?activeworkbook.fullname

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

David

Assign this macro to a Toolbar button.

Sub NameinCell()
Range("A1").Value = ActiveWorkbook.FullName
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP