Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lookrow

Hi! I use swedish xl but i think the function i am using is called Lookrow.
Anyway I use that function (you will figure it out). I have a list in column
C that contains the rating for banks. In another worksheet I have a list of
all possible ratings in column A and a list of percentages in column B. Eg:
AAA 5%
AA 12%
A 3%
etc
In column F I use the lookrow function to match the rating for a firm with a
percentage. eg if the firm has rating AA I want to show 12% in column F. This
works fine except for the ones with rating A, then my function says that no
values can be found.

in swedish my formula looks like:
=LETARAD(C3;Blad2!A$4:B$7;2)

Please help me with this problem! Ps I know that you can that function to
look for approx values but I would like to use the exact one in order to make
no mistake ds
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Has the contribution of Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP solved your problem
....yesterday ???

Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

weel, yes it works but in this spreadsheet i cannot really use a macro cause
it is for other people who dont want a macro (for some reason) so i did it
another way.

"Carim" skrev:

Has the contribution of Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP solved your problem
....yesterday ???

Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is VLOOKUP in English Arne. You are doing an approximate match, to do an
exact match you need another parameter. In English, this would be

=VLOOKUP(C3;Blad2!A$4:B$7;2;TRUE)

In Swedish

=LETARAD(C3;Blad2!A$4:B$7;2;SANT)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Arne Hegefors" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob,

shouldn't this be FALSE for an exact match? Don't know the Swedish for
this (!!) but 0 should work instead.

Pete

Bob Phillips wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Pete,

Of course, you are correct, I don't know what I was thinking. Good job I
gave the English <G

Arne, it should be

=LETARAD(C3;Blad2!A$4:B$7;2;FALSKT)

--