Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Avoid special characters

What should I do to share a workbook but not accepting special characters on
the different cells to be filled in? I'm refering to those characters like
#$%& etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could apply data validation (see my response to your other post) if
you know in advance the values that are acceptable (eg choose from a
drop-down list of pre-defined values).

Another approach could be to apply a User-defined function to the
input, which strips out any unwanted characters.

Hope this helps.

Pete