Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Merging text from 3 columns to create a URL

Hi all
Thanks to everybody who has helped me so far. I am still very much an
Excel newbie, but I'm getting done what I need to get done.
I am an ebay powerseller, and I have 15000+ items on ebay. I had been
using an auction management site to host my pictures and list my stuff,
but as I get more confident with excel, I have decided to discontinue
the service. Plus, by self hosting my pics, and getting a good basic
master file together in excel, that will make it super easy for me to
expand my business on to Wagglepop, Overstock, Bidvilly, Ioffer, Yahoo
Auctions, and anyplace else that can accept a bulk upload in a csv
format. With Ebay's new ridiculous fees, expansion is critical if I want
to stay in business.

Here's what I need help with. I have 15000 items that I need to create a
picture URL for. I've created an excel sheet that has 1 column with
15000+ rows, each with http://www.mydomain.com/images/
I've created a second column, with all 15000+ names of pictures
I've created a third column, with 15000+ .jpg in there.
Now what I need to do is merge all 3 columns to
http://www.mydomain.com/images/name.jpg
I've searched through here, and I have seen formulas to merge single
rows, and I do understand the cocantate function, however both of these
solutions look like they are only for 1 row at a time, and with 15000+,
that's just too much work. Also, obviously there has to be no spaces in
there as http://www.mydomain.com/images/ name .jpg won't work.

Any help on this is very much appreciated!
thanks in advance
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Chris

If these are in A1, B1 and C1 then in D1 enter

=HYPERLINK(A1&B1&C1)

and copy all the way down

--
HTH