Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Auto sum with maximum value in a cell. Please help!

I need help! I'm working right now and I need the cells a certain way or i'm
in big trouble. I'm supposed to have it like this:

Hours
11
regular 8
overtime 2
double t. 1

I need a formula that I just type in that 11 at the top first cell, and then
it will auto sum into the other 3 cells underneath, but a maximum of 8 hours
in the first cell, so then it will move on to 2 in the second cell but a
maximum of 2 in the second cell, so all the other hours go to double time.
Please help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Don is offline

Assuming the input cell is A1:

=IF(A18,8,A1)
=IF(A1-A22,2,A1-A2)
=A1-A2-A3

Don
"Anthony A" wrote in message
I need help! I'm working right now and I need the cells a certain way or
i'm
in big trouble. I'm supposed to have it like this:

Hours
11
regular 8
overtime 2
double t. 1

I need a formula that I just type in that 11 at the top first cell, and
then
it will auto sum into the other 3 cells underneath, but a maximum of 8
hours
in the first cell, so then it will move on to 2 in the second cell but a
maximum of 2 in the second cell, so all the other hours go to double time.
Please help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Anthony

In A2 =MIN(8,A1)