Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can anyone help with this tough question? Format Conditional

I have and equation that is in cell r26 as follows: =sum(h26-t26)
this goes into cell r26 and is displayed either black or red, depending on
if positive or a negative number.
I have tried to put an equal sign in cell v26, then hit the cells: r26 and
or t26 to make the cell v26 turn color, to represent the positive or negative
number in cell r26.
This is after using conditional format for the cell v26.
I feel kind of dumb, because every combination of equations that I use,
still does not give me the color to equation answer that I need.
My cell segregation is the problem, I think. Since I have no information in
cell v26, I have nothing to reference the color to follow..??

Thank you,
Champ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For V26 CF:

Select V26 then select Format=Conditional Formatting

Condition 1:
Formula is: $R$26<0 ... set colour
Condition 2
Formula is: $R$260 ... set colour

And you don't need SUM in R26 ... =H26-T26 will do

HTH