Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default vlookup question

Can someone tell me what my function would look like. I have two column of
data, A and B. What I'm trying to do is figure out how much commonality I
have between the two. I would like a function that would compare column B
with A and give me a 1 or a 0 in Column C. 1 would equal common and 0 would
equal not common.

A B C

2 4 1
3 9 0
4 2 1
5 11 0
6
7

Thanks,

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=--isnumber(match(b1,a:a,0))
The -- changes true/false to 1/0.

Chip Pearson has lots of techniques to work with duplicates:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

--

Dave Peterson