Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Time calculation

Hi,

How can I convert a whole number representing seconds, e.g. 460, 1259, 82
etc into a number that displays minutes and seconds?

For example, 460 divided by 60 shows 7.66 minutes recurring and I want it to
show 7 minutes 40 seconds or 7.40

Thanks for your help
Jon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If 460 seconds is in A1 then enter into B1
=TIME(0,0,A1)
and custom format it as m:ss

Regards,
Stefi