Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Finding a link source.

I have a workbook which is created from another workbook - basically a
copy and paste job into a pre-existing blank workbook, which contains
some VBA code and a couple of picture logos which when clicked run the
macros.

When opening this second workbook when the original is not open in
memory, it tells me that there are links to the first workbook.

I've searched all the cells with the 'Find' "[" which is my usual
method for finding references to another workbook, without finding
anything.
I've also checked the only two logo pictures to ensure that they only
refer to macros in the second workbook and not the original - and they
do.

I'm stuck now and can't see what these links are.

Is there any other way of identifying the link references? (This seems
such an obvious requirement that I'm always suprised that MS haven't
built it in as a standard).

Usual TIA

Rgds

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

From your description, I presume you copied the VBA code into the 2nd
workbook also (or just made a copy of the 1st workbook?).

Try this: Edit | Links | [change source]
and point to the copy of the 'problem' workbook on the hard drive. In other
words, you're going to point it to the same workbook you have open. See if
that doesn't clear things up.

"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the response.

The situation is that I have a blank workbook which contains no data,
just a macro with which to run some menu options from a VBA form.

I first open this blank workbook, then copy and paste data from the
master workbook into this Wb and then save it with a different name
and distribute it to other people. Hence when they receive it they
will have no knowledge of the master workbook on their local PC and
won;t be able to change source as you suggest. Hence my problem in
trying to identify the link that they will see.

Hope this explains in a bit more detail.

Rgds

From your description, I presume you copied the VBA code into the 2nd

"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look at PapaDos' recommendation below: to check for named ranges, use Insert
| Name | Define and you will be shown a list of Names (named ranges)
referenced in the workbook. If there are any, and since this is an empty
workbook, you should be able to select each and delete it in turn.

"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

Thanks for the response.

The situation is that I have a blank workbook which contains no data,
just a macro with which to run some menu options from a VBA form.

I first open this blank workbook, then copy and paste data from the
master workbook into this Wb and then save it with a different name
and distribute it to other people. Hence when they receive it they
will have no knowledge of the master workbook on their local PC and
won;t be able to change source as you suggest. Hence my problem in
trying to identify the link that they will see.

Hope this explains in a bit more detail.

Rgds

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 05:30:01 -0700, JLatham <HelpFrom @

From your description, I presume you copied the VBA code into the 2nd

"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Also, if what I suggested at first took care of the problem, there won't be
any links left. After that, if it fixed the problem, you can close the book,
open it back up and shouldn't get a reference to any links needing updating
and if you go to Edit | Links you would find that 'Links' was grayed out as
unavailable.

"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

Thanks for the response.

The situation is that I have a blank workbook which contains no data,
just a macro with which to run some menu options from a VBA form.

I first open this blank workbook, then copy and paste data from the
master workbook into this Wb and then save it with a different name
and distribute it to other people. Hence when they receive it they
will have no knowledge of the master workbook on their local PC and
won;t be able to change source as you suggest. Hence my problem in
trying to identify the link that they will see.

Hope this explains in a bit more detail.

Rgds

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 05:30:01 -0700, JLatham <HelpFrom @

From your description, I presume you copied the VBA code into the 2nd