Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel

You sure the names weren't:

Expenses:1 and Expenses:2
or
Expenses.xls:1 and Expenses:2

If they had that colon (:) in the title bar, you have two windows into the same
workbook.

Select the window you don't want and hit ctrl-w to close it.

Save your workbook or you'll be doing it again.

This is caused by Window|New Window and can be quite handy if you want to see
different portions of a worksheet/workbook at the same time.

Werks4chocolate wrote:

When I open a file, two identical separate documents/worksheets open within
the file. One is titled Expenses(1), the other Expenses(2). Neither
document has the menu bar at the top. Both separate documents are within the
file which has the menu bar at the top. How do I get rid of one of these?
I've tried everything!!

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dave, thank you for the quick reply! I actually found my answer while
waiting for a reply to my question. It was actually a post from you earlier
this year from someone with a similar question. After solving that, I was
going crazy trying to view the toolbar above the worksheet - it still looked
like a file within the file. However, once I expanded the page by clicking
on the square in the upper right hand corner, everything FINALLY looks
normal! Geezz, that took me over an hour to figure out!!!

Thanks again!
susan