Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula to sum the prior 12 cells regardless of added columns?

I need to sum the preceding 12 cells in a row within excel - regardless of
the fact that some columns will be added in front of this cell with the
formula. I want the formula to "float" just not sure how to accomplish it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try
=SUM(OFFSET(G1,0,-12,1,12))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Mopechicken" wrote in message
I need to sum the preceding 12 cells in a row within excel - regardless of
the fact that some columns will be added in front of this cell with the
formula. I want the formula to "float" just not sure how to accomplish
it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

the last number needs to be one MORE than the columns back
=SUM(OFFSET(G1,0,-3,1,4))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Mopechicken" wrote in message
I need to sum the preceding 12 cells in a row within excel - regardless of
the fact that some columns will be added in front of this cell with the
formula. I want the formula to "float" just not sure how to accomplish
it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob - this is perfect!
Thanks so much!!!
Not quite sure what the formula is saying - but it works perfectly!!!