Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Opening sheets

I have a large workbook I use to record purchase orders in, for what its
worth the workbook was started on a Windows 95 Office 97 computer, as the
years have gone by different computers,users have been adding info and making
changes.
There are 4 sheets. I am trying to divide this year into quarters by making
another sheet.
When I try to do this, the "copy sheet" or "move sheet" info is shown in
gray, rather than bold type so I am unable to use these drop downs and click
on what I am trying to do. From what I can tell , the workbook is not
password protected, I am baffled a bit.
I don't have a network, I work in the day on a desktop, then copy this file
to a "memory stick" and some nights take home to work on my laptop. I then
resave the whole notebook. I am trying to get where I just can use the
current year instead of every time I save or add to it, I copy all 4 sheets.

I don't have any real training in Excel, have just kind of looked up in a
book or figure out what I need to do and have been ok. If anyone could help
me figure out how to open and work with the other sheets in the workbook I
would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Rick
--
Rick M
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cannot tell what might be causing the problem. Have you just looked at Tools
Protection to see if the "Unprotect" options for workbook or worksheet are
available?

Also - is the file Read Only?

If all else fails and you can at least open the workbook and select cells in
it, you could open it up, then open a second, new workbook and then start by
clicking cell A1 on Sheet1 in the new workbook, type = and then click on cell
A1 on a sheet in the problem workbook. Hit [Enter] and the value should
appear. Drag that right and down far enough to get all the other dato on the
sheet, repeat for other sheets. Problem is you don't get formatting or
formulas, just values. From there you can do Edit | Copy and Edit | Paste
Special [Values] to get rid of the link between the two sheets. Then work
with getting your quarterly reports done?

Could probably do a duplication via VBA code and even capture formulas,
although capturing format would be tedious. HelpFrom @ jlathamsite.com is
always available (remove spaces).