-   -   "variable interest rate" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/113918-variable-interest-rate.html)

Finance Novice

"variable interest rate"

Can anyone offer guidance, preferred way to compute final outstanding balance
of a loan, with additional non-periodic (irregular) withdrawls and irregular
payments made against loan over time, and exposed to variable interest rate
over various date ranges. Time period spans several years. I'm thninking of
building a cash flow schedule but looking for suggestions on how to handle
the variable interest rate. Any specific Finanical functions to help with
this? Thanks

Gary L Brown

"variable interest rate"

Just have the table contain a column for rate for each period. Instead of
having your financial functions look at one cell for a constant rate, have
them look at that row's interest rate.
HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.