Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formating with a formula referencing other cells

Can you help me again.

How would I write the formula to change the color of a cell?

=if B2= ALATAX, then make C2, background color ORANGE, if B2=CROCKER, make
C2 background color PURPLE, if B2=STATE, make C2 background color BLUE.

This color thing is boggling my mind. I'm learning but slowly. I've pull
up several items from the help - Creating conditional formatting but I'm
still confused. Would I use "MOD" ?

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select cell C2, then use CF. Select the "Formula Is" option, and use the formula

=B2="ALATAX"

and set the formatting options.

Then use the Add button, and do similar formatting for the other two.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP