Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I copy data range of the same name to another tab?

I can copy the data range of the same name by copying the whole worksheet.
But if I have already created a worksheet. I have no way to copy the data
range of the same name. Please assist.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

worksheets(1).range("somenamehere").copy _
destination:=worksheets(2).range("somenamehere").c ells(1)

Maybe????

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dave,

If you understand the question, please interpret it for me as I don't understand it.

I am having a problem with "of the same name?" Data range has the same name as what? Data range and worksheet have the same name???

Appreciate clarification.

Epinn

Amy Wong wrote:

I can copy the data range of the same name by copying the whole worksheet.
But if I have already created a worksheet. I have no way to copy the data
range of the same name. Please assist.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure I actually understood the question--but if I'm wrong, Amy will post
back with further details. My response was just to get the ball rolling.

My interpretation was that Amy had a name on a worksheet (via
insert|Name|define) and this name was a local (or worksheet level) name.

And at the same time, there was another worksheet that also had a
local/worksheet level name that was exactly the same.

By qualifying the range to each of the worksheets, I could refer to each of the
ranges on each sheet.

The .cells(1) in the destination range was just so that the pasted area started
in the topleft corner of that range. The code will expand the range's
columns/rows as much as it needs--just like when you do it manually.

Amy Wong wrote:

I can copy the data range of the same name by copying the whole worksheet.
But if I have already created a worksheet. I have no way to copy the data
range of the same name. Please assist.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dave,

Thank you for responding. You remind me of Patch Adams http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129290/ as you referred to the poster by name and not "the original poster." That's a nice touch especially when the poster is new to the forum. By the way, Amy, welcome to the forum.

Have you solved your problem? Your feedback is appreciated, but no obligation though, as I want to learn.

Dave, as a courtesy to the poster, I have to start a new thread for my questions. Would you mind moving over to the thread "named range?"

Thanks.