Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum Cells with colors

What formula can I use to sum at the bottom of the pages specific colors?

ex.

5.00 yellow
2.00 green
1.00 yellow
1.00 red
3.00 green

total green 5.00
Total Yellow 6.00
Total Red 1.00

Is this possible?

Thank you ! You are all so helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can create a custom function using Chuck Pearson's website:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

Or

I believe the new ASAP Utilities has a function for this.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

taxmom wrote:
What formula can I use to sum at the bottom of the pages specific colors?

ex.

5.00 yellow
2.00 green
1.00 yellow
1.00 red
3.00 green

total green 5.00
Total Yellow 6.00
Total Red 1.00

Is this possible?

Thank you ! You are all so helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try playing around with this to get you started:

Sub ColorSum()
Dim mYellow, mGreen, mRed As Double
Dim mCell As Range
For Each mCell In Range("A1:A5")
If mCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 10 Then
[A7].Value = [A7].Value + mCell.Value
ElseIf mCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Then
[A8].Value = [A8].Value + mCell.Value
ElseIf mCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 Then
[A9].Value = [A9].Value + mCell.Value
End If
Next
End Sub

Sandy

taxmom wrote:
What formula can I use to sum at the bottom of the pages specific colors?

ex.

5.00 yellow
2.00 green
1.00 yellow
1.00 red
3.00 green

total green 5.00
Total Yellow 6.00
Total Red 1.00

Is this possible?

Thank you ! You are all so helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Great Thank you ! These are just what I'm looking for. I do some reading
and I'm sure I will find the answer.

Thanks again ! You all are the best ! : )

taxmom wrote:
What formula can I use to sum at the bottom of the pages specific colors?

ex.

5.00 yellow
2.00 green
1.00 yellow
1.00 red
3.00 green

total green 5.00
Total Yellow 6.00
Total Red 1.00

Is this possible?

Thank you ! You are all so helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I need a little more help.

I wanted to find out the color index of the colors I am using. In column B
I put the formula =colorindex(a2) the results was #name?

What did I do wrong?

taxmom wrote:
What formula can I use to sum at the bottom of the pages specific colors?

ex.

5.00 yellow
2.00 green
1.00 yellow
1.00 red
3.00 green

total green 5.00
Total Yellow 6.00
Total Red 1.00

Is this possible?

Thank you ! You are all so helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I printed both the Pearson Software page and the Processing Coloured Cells
pages. I've used VBA with macros but I'm unfamiliar with this. I'm in the
VBA help. So, I'm still researching. Under ChartColorFormat there is an
example that sets the interior color of a range. However, I want to get the
list of color #'s. How can I get this?

"taxmom" wrote in message
What formula can I use to sum at the bottom of the pages specific colors?

ex.

5.00 yellow
2.00 green
1.00 yellow
1.00 red
3.00 green

total green 5.00
Total Yellow 6.00
Total Red 1.00

Is this possible?

Thank you ! You are all so helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Great Thanks,

I put in the formula : =SUMPRODUCT(--(colorindex(C7:C22,FALSE)=8),C7:C22) I
still get #name?.

What am I missing?

"taxmom" wrote in message
What formula can I use to sum at the bottom of the pages specific colors?

ex.

5.00 yellow
2.00 green
1.00 yellow
1.00 red
3.00 green

total green 5.00
Total Yellow 6.00
Total Red 1.00

Is this possible?

Thank you ! You are all so helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Chip's colorindex function is to be copied to a general module in the workbook.

Is that where you have it?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP