Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default #ref error with Sumproduct

Hello,
I'm getting a #ref error with the following formula. I haven't had a
problem with this until today.

=SUMPRODUCT(('ALL FF TLING'!$D$2:$D$1200=A$9)*('ALL FF
TLING'!$C$2:$C$1200=A10))

The range $D$2:$D$1200 is good and hasn't changed, as well as the
$C$2:$C$1200.

the reference to A$9 is how I want the formula to calculate for ease of
copying the formula to other cells, as well as the A10.

Like I said earlier, I had no problem with this formula in the previous
months, but when I made the monthly updates today, the error has popped
up. In the process of the updating, I do delete everything that is in
the 'ALL FF TLING' tab where the values in columns D and C are looked
at, but I have pasted data back into those cells.

Can anyone tell me why I'm getting this error?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Dennis,

To be on the safe side, and avoid formatting issues :

=SUMPRODUCT(--('ALL FF TLING'!$D$2:$D$1200=A$9)*--('ALL FF
TLING'!$C$2:$C$1200=A10))

HTH
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Carim,

I put in the -- and it had no effect on the formula.

Or was the -- only to help with people looking at the posting trying to
provide input?

Thanks,
Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry Carim but using *-- won't do anything, that's just mixing syntaxes for
no good reason.

Dennis - most likely cause is probably #REF! errors somewhere in your
data...search and eliminate

"Carim" wrote:

Hi Dennis,

To be on the safe side, and avoid formatting issues :

=SUMPRODUCT(--('ALL FF TLING'!$D$2:$D$1200=A$9)*--('ALL FF
TLING'!$C$2:$C$1200=A10))

HTH
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dave and daddylonglegs,

I had searched prior to posting, but I slowly went through it all
again, and sure enough I had one #ref error in column C around cell
890.

I fixed that error and everything started working like a charm again.

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Dennis