Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how can I count (countif) the character: *

I have a series in excel which I retrieve over the web from another D-base.
In this d-base they use the asterix (*) to check the line if there are
trouble. i must solve this problems but for my boss I need to report how many
of those there are. Is there a way to use the countif (or another function)
to count this occurency. Also in the same column they use other characters to
sign other kinds of trouble. So those have to be counted also. This I can do.
I have just problems with the character "*"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If cells contain only * single character then

=COUNTIF(B1:B9,"~*") (adjust the range!)

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Mousquito€¯ ezt Ć*rta: