-   -   Can you protect a sheet so that no one else can print, only view? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/113197-can-you-protect-sheet-so-no-one-else-can-print-only-view.html)

starqueen43

Can you protect a sheet so that no one else can print, only view?

I need to send a document to a group of people, and I would like for them to
only be able to view it, not print.

JE McGimpsey

Can you protect a sheet so that no one else can print, only view?

XL's protection is not designed to do this.

In article ,
starqueen43 wrote:

I need to send a document to a group of people, and I would like for them to
only be able to view it, not print.

Gord Dibben

Can you protect a sheet so that no one else can print, only view?

Turn it into a *.PDF file and send that.

If you don't have a pdf writer I can recommended the method and files found at
Dale Nurden's site.

Instructions and file downloads at....................

http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm

Saves first to single *.ps file which is then converted to *.pdf

Returns one PDF file from multiple sheets.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP