Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I make the 1st column constant in viewing a wide spreadshee

Using Excel 2002. Created a very wide spreadsheet and I can't see the row
headings when I scroll to the right.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Place your cursor just to the right of the column you want to be visible and
just below the row that should always remain visible. Now select Window -
Freeze Panes
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Greg" wrote:

Using Excel 2002. Created a very wide spreadsheet and I can't see the row
headings when I scroll to the right.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select column 2, then go to Windows--Freeze pane and this will freeze the 1st
column on the left.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.