Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Creating a Warning window

I'm working on a timecard project. I want to create a popup window
(userform) when the values someone inputs on the worksheet for their
regular hours + other hours does not equal the time interval they
inputed.

Example: I input that I worked from 8:00am to 4:00pm (8hr day). I can
break down my hours between regular work hours and other hours
(overtime). If the employee puts in 5 regular hours and 10 other hours
for that day, obviously that is more than the 8 hour day they claimed
they worked.

If this scenario was true, I want a window to pop up telling them that
their hours don't equal.

CAN I DO THAT?

PCStechnical

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I connected the data validation and it doesn't seem to be working.

If I put a data validation condition in a cell that has a formula in
it, will the validation not work?

What I have: cell 1 has the formula that adds regular hours +other
hours. Cell 2 gives me the total hours worked that day (also a
formula). In cell 1, I put a data validation of these settings
Allow: custom
Formula: =n7*
*n7 is where the number of total hours is located

any sugguestions on why the warning is not popping up?

PCStech