Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup/Match/Index/Small - I think

This one's a little tricky:

I have two sheets. The first sheet contains the below data:

Cust# Cust Name Date Notes
1 A 8/1/06 Slow Payor
2 B 8/1/06 Premier Customer
3 C 8/1/06 Avg. Customer
1 A 9/1/06 Avg. Payor
1 A 10/1/06 Slow Payor

I'd like to be able to enter the customer number somewhere in sheet2 and
have it return all corresponding dates and notes for the specified cust# (I
would assume separate formulas for the dates/notes). So, if I enter Cust# 1,
it should return:

8/1/06 Slow Payor
9/1/06 Avg Payor
10/1/06 Slow Payor

Any thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could use a variety of functions to help you extract the data you're
looking for, however, I think the Advanced Filter tool would suit your needs.
Data--Advanced Filter. If you're unfamiliar with the tool, here's a
resource: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.