Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default View formula result instead of formula

Sometimes when I type in a formula, the cell displays the formula and not the
result. How do I get it to show the result instead of the formula? Is this
a setting somewhere? It doesn't happen all the time.

Thanks in advance!!
--
Tina
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Tina,

This happens if you type the formula in a cell that is already formatted as text.
Format as general and re-enter the formula (F2,ENTER)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Tina" wrote in message ...
| Sometimes when I type in a formula, the cell displays the formula and not the
| result. How do I get it to show the result instead of the formula? Is this
| a setting somewhere? It doesn't happen all the time.
|
| Thanks in advance!!
| --
| Tina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As you type it in or click on it later it will show the formula.

If *all your cells* show formula then type Ctrl+`

Steve

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 13:48:01 +0100, Tina
wrote:

Sometimes when I type in a formula, the cell displays the formula and
not the
result. How do I get it to show the result instead of the formula? Is
this
a setting somewhere? It doesn't happen all the time.

Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for responding so quickly!! This worked perfectly. Thanks again.
:-)
--
Tina