-   -   copying LOOKUP formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/11278-copying-lookup-formula.html)

R Birk

copying LOOKUP formula

I am trying to copy a LOOKUP formula down in my column to always look at the
same set range of cells for the correct value, but when I drag my formula
down it the formula shifts the range of cells it is looking at for the
correct value. There must be an easier way than re-doing the formula in each
cell. Please help!

Peo Sjoblom

Select the lookup range (highlight) with the mouse in the formula bar and
press F4 or manually insert dollar signs
like A2:H4 becomes $A$2:$H$4

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"R Birk" <R wrote in message
I am trying to copy a LOOKUP formula down in my column to always look at

the
same set range of cells for the correct value, but when I drag my formula
down it the formula shifts the range of cells it is looking at for the
correct value. There must be an easier way than re-doing the formula in

each
cell. Please help!

R Birk

Peo - thank you very much - that was perfect!

"R Birk" <R wrote in message
I am trying to copy a LOOKUP formula down in my column to always look at

the
same set range of cells for the correct value, but when I drag my formula
down it the formula shifts the range of cells it is looking at for the
correct value. There must be an easier way than re-doing the formula in

each
cell. Please help!

Peo Sjoblom

Thanks for the feedback