Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pat Pat is offline

Default Bring back lowercase values

Anyone got a solution to return only lowercase vaues in a string. Excluding
where an x is on its own.

Example1
Abelia x grandiflora Francis Mason
Returns
grandiflora

Example2
Abies balsamea f. hudsonia
Returns
balsamea f. hudsonia

Example3
Abutilon vitifolium var. Album
Returns
vitifolium var.

Example4
Abies nordmanniana Golden Spreader
Returns
nordmanniana

Much appreciate if you can help.

Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Pat

Haven't see you round for a while.
You could use DataText to Columnsuse Space as delimiter to break each
cell into separate words.

Then in a column to the right of the parsed data (i used column H) enter
=IF(A1="","",IF(A1="x","",IF(EXACT(LOWER(A1),A1),A 1,"")))
Copy across as far as required

In the first available column after this (I used column O)
=TRIM(H1&" "&I1&" "&J1&" "&K1&" "&L1&" "&M1&" "&N1)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Pat" wrote in message
Anyone got a solution to return only lowercase vaues in a string.
Excluding where an x is on its own.

Example1
Abelia x grandiflora Francis Mason
Returns
grandiflora

Example2
Abies balsamea f. hudsonia
Returns
balsamea f. hudsonia

Example3
Abutilon vitifolium var. Album
Returns
vitifolium var.

Example4
Abies nordmanniana Golden Spreader
Returns
nordmanniana

Much appreciate if you can help.

Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pat Pat is offline

Hello Roger,

Good to hear form you, my focus has been directed elsewhere of late.

Your solution gave me the result i wanted, many thanks.

Pat

"Pat" wrote in message
Anyone got a solution to return only lowercase vaues in a string.
Excluding where an x is on its own.

Example1
Abelia x grandiflora Francis Mason
Returns