Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default My Excel cols have #s, not letters. How get letters?

Sometimes our excel docs have their columns mysteriously switched from a
letter heading to a # (and rows are numbered) so that formulas cannot be
done. This "column numbering" seems to be contagious. If you have another
excel doc open, its cols switch from letter headings to #s. Any ideas? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

YOu have R1C1 references checked in your options.

Go to Tools--Options--View and uncheck R1C1 reference.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"connie in maryland" wrote:

Sometimes our excel docs have their columns mysteriously switched from a
letter heading to a # (and rows are numbered) so that formulas cannot be
done. This "column numbering" seems to be contagious. If you have another
excel doc open, its cols switch from letter headings to #s. Any ideas? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think the path you give is the correct one for all versions. My mistake,
sorry.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.