Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Run time error

I am using the Beta Office 2007 and when I'm working on my spreadsheet to
enter data which has macros, it will work fine for a few minutes, then I get
an error which says Method 'Activate' of object 'Range' failed. Then I have
to shut completely down and open Excel again. Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That sounds like an excellent Bug to report to the Office 2007 development
group. Save that file so you can reproduce it and perhaps even provide it to
them.

In the case of such an error, Excel should toss up the [End] [Debug] option
dialog rather than failing completely.

"tires85" wrote:

I am using the Beta Office 2007 and when I'm working on my spreadsheet to
enter data which has macros, it will work fine for a few minutes, then I get
an error which says Method 'Activate' of object 'Range' failed. Then I have
to shut completely down and open Excel again. Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi tires85,

I'd be very interested in taking a look at this workbook if you wouldn't
mind sending it to me. I'll be sure to keep it strictly confidential.

Cheers,
Dan
Excel Team

Note: We've only got a couple weeks to get bugs filed and fixed, so if I've
requested additional info via email, it'd be great if you can get that to us
ASAP. Please include any necessary sample files, as well as detailed repro
steps so that we can try to reproduce the problem on our side. Also - if
you're emailing me directly (definitely the most efficient at this point)
you'll want to fixup my email address to remove everything after danbatt and
before the @