Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do i add a column of values based on another column in excel

I am doing up a minor budget scheme and I am a little stuck on this one.

I have 2 columns. First column is an amount and the second column has
different they type of amount of the first column.

eg:
Cell A1 = 700
Cell A2 = 200
Cell A3 = 150

Cell B1 = "Amount 1"
Cell B2 = "Amount 2"
Cell B3 = "Amount 1"

What I am looking for is a way to add up the values of Column A by the type
defined in Column B. Could you help?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look at SUMPRODUCT. See here for more info:

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.