Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I sort data?

I have a range of data and needed to sort it by more than three types. When
I go to "data" then "sort" it only gives me three different sort types. Is
there any other way that I can sort 4 or more types.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not unless you use Excel 2007, which is still in beta mode.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"madobbs" wrote:

I have a range of data and needed to sort it by more than three types. When
I go to "data" then "sort" it only gives me three different sort types. Is
there any other way that I can sort 4 or more types.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sort the least significant items first and then the next group of 3.
So... sort 4, 5, and 6 then sort 1, 2, and 3.
(select all of the data when sorting... items 1 thru 6)
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"madobbs"