Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I remove a blank separator from a number (like 2 006)

I have the number 2006 in the format "2 006" in cell A1 and I want cell A2 to
be in the correct format "2006". How do I accomplish this? Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")+0

Biff

"Pontus" wrote in message
I have the number 2006 in the format "2 006" in cell A1 and I want cell A2
be in the correct format "2006". How do I accomplish this? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Probably a better way to do this but this should work.

=LEFT(A1,1)&RIGHT(A1,3)

"Pontus" wrote:

I have the number 2006 in the format "2 006" in cell A1 and I want cell A2 to
be in the correct format "2006". How do I accomplish this? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

jd

TRIM does not remove internal spaces unless there are multiple consecutive
spaces.

2spcspcspc006 will TRIM down to 2spc006

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:49:10 -0700, "jd" wrote:

=trim