Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Reo Reo is offline

Default cut and paste pictures in excel 2003

I would like to cut and paste pictures in excel 2003 as I did with excel
2002. It won't let me do that since I have upgraded.

It is more stepes to insert a picture than to cut and paste as before. Is
this going to be changed?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I assume "it" refers to Excel 2003

When it doesn't allow the cut and paste of a picture, does it give you any type
of message explaining why you can't do this?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 06:05:01 -0700, Reo wrote:

I would like to cut and paste pictures in excel 2003 as I did with excel
2002. It won't let me do that since I have upgraded.

It is more stepes to insert a picture than to cut and paste as before. Is
this going to be changed?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

From where are you cutting the pictures?

Have you tried CTRL + C and CTRL + V

Sometimes when cutting or copying from outside Excel, the copy/paste doesn't
work but the keyboard shortcuts will do the job.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

I assume "it" refers to Excel 2003

When it doesn't allow the cut and paste of a picture, does it give you any type
of message explaining why you can't do this?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 06:05:01 -0700, Reo wrote:

I would like to cut and paste pictures in excel 2003 as I did with excel
2002. It won't let me do that since I have upgraded.

It is more stepes to insert a picture than to cut and paste as before. Is
this going to be changed?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Reo Reo is offline

I am copying from folders in my documents that contain Jpeg pictures. I
tried the Control +C and Control + V and that does not work either. When I
looked in the microsoft help, I could find nothing on cutting and pasting
pictures into an excel spread sheet. It works everytime usnig the insert
pictures but it requires more steps than in excel 2002. There all I had to
do was copy and paste.

Thanks for the help.

Reo

From where are you cutting the pictures?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

I assume "it" refers to Excel 2003

When it doesn't allow the cut and paste of a picture, does it give you any type
of message explaining why you can't do this?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 06:05:01 -0700, Reo wrote:

I would like to cut and paste pictures in excel 2003 as I did with excel
2002. It won't let me do that since I have upgraded.

It is more stepes to insert a picture than to cut and paste as before. Is
this going to be changed?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you saying that in Excel 2002 you could actually select a file from a folder
and copy it then paste as a picture into an Excel worksheet?

How did the file open and the picture appear when you pasted the file?

I have never heard of that type of operation producing a picture in any version
of Excel without some VBA.

Did you have some code that opened the file when you pasted to a cell?

Please clarify because I thought you were copying a picture, not a file.

Gord

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:52:02 -0700, Reo wrote:

I am copying from folders in my documents that contain Jpeg pictures. I
tried the Control +C and Control + V and that does not work either. When I
looked in the microsoft help, I could find nothing on cutting and pasting
pictures into an excel spread sheet. It works everytime usnig the insert
pictures but it requires more steps than in excel 2002. There all I had to
do was copy and paste.

Thanks for the help.

Reo

From where are you cutting the pictures?