Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default trying to add up disparate transaction data

Hi All,

This is my first post to the Excel help forum, so hopefully I am at the
right place. I was perusing it, and it seemed so!

I am a small biz owner and have uploaded a bunch of data out of my Point of
Sales system, which is based on an Oracle db. The data is proprietary and 'I
get what I get'.

I have a bunch of transaction data sorted by each individual product that I
sold, but not by the actual transaction and its total. Meaning, I know how
many individual SKU's I sold, but I am trying to get an average sale by
transaction, so I know what my customer buys, on average.

I have sorted all my product data into one spreadsheet and sorted by the
transaction number, so while the individual total is not (yet) there, the
sales are grouped in the data sort I have now. What I am trying to do is

A DSUM of each of those groups (each trx has a unique 6 number ID, but I
have over 6,000 of them), which would give me that average sale by
transaction number.

I am sure this isnt too difficult but I am struggling with it.

data as follows:

column A - date,
column B - time,
column C - Trx number